Monday, May 7, 2018

Wonder by R J Palacio



I’ve read books that made me think about them long after I closed the cover and moved onto another. This happens to me often so it’s not news; but then once in a while I read a book that makes me pause for days before I pick up the next. Why, you may ask!  Well because this book makes me wonder, makes me think, makes me imagine myself in such a situation, and makes me live the life of the protagonist or a character in the book. Last week I completed such a book and I’ve not been able to think of anything but that little boy ‘August’ – the hero of the book.

The book I’m talking about is ‘Wonder’ a children's novel by R. J. Palacio. It’s about the life of a kid August Pullman who has a medical condition wherein his face is deformed. He has gone through multiple corrective surgeries and despite that he does not have a perfect face (so to say).


As I read the book on Auggie’s life and those of his family and close friends, I felt I lived in the same house as Auggie. I saw his room, felt his sister’s feelings, chocked when his mom was upset and well basically lived every feeling and emotion they did in the book.

I won’t give away the plot of the book, because you have to read it, live it and feel it to enjoy it. So go ahead and pick up your copy today. Before I sign off, I want to leave you with two beautiful thoughts....  

“Everyone born of God overcometh the world.”





 “When given the choice between being Right or being Kind, choose KIND.”  





2 comments:

  1. Lovely...have read this book. Loved the quotes you have picked up from the book, they are simply inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment. Thank you dear. Books to me are my life.. so reading them, living them and writing about them gives me joy.
      The quotes are so inspiring and each book has something unique to be quoted.
      Thank you for reading my reviews. Appreciate it

      Delete